Belle Vue Centre Volunteer
Poolie Points Available: 10
Multiple roles around Food Poverty and Support
The Belle Vue centre recognises that an increasing number of local residents and families are having to cope with the effects of poverty and is developing a strategy to migate that need. There are three strands to this strategy:
1. To collect and distribute donations of food either as meals in the centre or as food parcels in the community.
2. To raise funds to create cash donations through the Bob Farrow Grant Pot to help people cope with short term emergencies.
3. To distribute non-food items such as clothing and toiletries through a outlet situated at The Belle Vue Centre.
As a result the centre is recruiting volunteers to help with this process.
The tasks the volunteers will carry out may include:
- Driving to pick up food and other donated goods
- Making up and distributing food parcels
- Meeting and befriending people who are accessing the free meals
- Manning the charity shop
If you are interested contact:
Juli Simons on 01429 221832 or call into the Belle Vue Centre for a volunteer application form
Poolie points will be given and commited volunteers will benefit from training opportunities and support to get into employment if they wish.